"But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

First Ear Infection

We went to the doctor yesterday because Olivia Grace had a horrible cough. I thought it was the croup and he would give us some meds for it but come to find out she has an ear infection. Luckily we caught it at the beginning so she really has shown no symptoms of an ear infection. I just wish that all future sicknesses with her are this easy!! Truthfully other than the cough nothing is different with her so I am still convinced she must have a super strong immune system. She is 8 1/2 months old, attends preschool 5 days a week, and visits the nursery every Sunday with different kids and she has not been sick. YES I am knocking on wood as I write this. Will and I both had to have tubes in our ears so I figured we would have a long road to go with ear infections but who knows.
Tonight Olivia Grace had her first big girl meal tonight.... Pancakes and she loved them!! I cut them into little bitty pieces and she fed herself and would not eat her sweet potatoes until the pancakes were down. Yes I know sweet potatoes and pancakes yummy right?? Another big accomplishment for Olivia Grace is that she knows how to open the gate to get out of the room. I was in the kitchen the other day and looked over to the den and my little angel was standing on her tip toes reaching up trying to move the gate lock. Seriously?? 8 1/2 months old and she already knows what gets her out of the room. Luckily she can not move the lock yet but I am thinking that day will be sooner than I want.

No comments: