"But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

1/2 Marathon

So this weekend I ran the 1/2 marathon in Nashville with some friends and yes I finished haha. the girls went up early on Friday to pick up our packets and shop around. The guys came up later but due to traffic ended up beating us to the hotel. On the way to the hotel I found out that Olivia Grace was sick and running a fever. Of course we did no have our car. my parents reassured me that she was going to be okay. So I stayed but worried the whole night. Which was a short night since we got in about 11 and had to get up at 4am, yep 4 am. The race started at 6:45 ish due to weather they started early. I finished in 2:45.02!! that is great for me haha. The rain started right after I finished so I decided not to wait at the finish line for the other girls who were running the full 26.2 miles (NO I will not be doing that). On the way back to the hotel I look up and there is Will coming right at me. Now I have no idea how people can not think that there is not a God because it was only God that would have put us there at the same time. Let me explain... there was 33,000 plus people running the marathon, plus the workers, plus the family and friends waiting around to see everyone run, so finding him was basically impossible. I had been praying for Olivia Grace pretty much the whole race, when I was not praying that God just let me finish and I will never sign up for something this long again haha. I saw will at mile 11 and he told me that she was still running a fever. Anyway once I met back up with Will he told me that my mom was at the doctors office with her. LONG story short she had an upper respiratory infection, my parents told us to stay that she would be fine. We got back early afternoon Sunday and I could tell she was feeling bad. Today she is doing better except for the fact that she is falling all over the place, but that has not slowed her down one bit. As I type she is attempting to sit on her water and carry around her stroller, yes carry her stroller.

2 comments:

The Howards said...

Congrats on your 1/2 marathan. WOOHOO!! That is awesome.

House of Payne said...

SK, you are rockin! I'm so proud of you!!