"But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

16 months old


Olivia Grace is now 16 months old and she has entered in to this month in a BIG way! She is a hitter!! Well she has always has had a problem with this hitting thing but we have now gotten VERY bad about it. And no to all the wonderful family members out there that think she is just too sweet this is not a “love pat” this is angry face, rare back, and slap you hits. Time out is pretty much a daily thing and seems to be losing its affect haha. I really don’t want her to do this with other children so we are trying desperately to end this now. We also had a BIG accomplishment this past week… we poo- pooed in the potty!! I know I can’t believe it either and NO she is not potty training and it has not happened again. She was grunting so I asked her if she wanted to use the potty and she said yes. So I took her in the bathroom, sat her on the potty, and she grunted really hard and pooped haha. Granted she then about 10 mins later finished in her diaper. HAHA. Do I think it will happen again probably not for a long time since other than that she has shown no interest in the potty other than to wave bye to the water when it is flushed or throw items into the toilet.

16 month update:

Talking: pretty much the same, little effort to speak haha
Eating: Picky!! And DEMANDS to feed her self. I will post pictures of the oatmeal attempt.
Mobility: we run a lot and still have not learned that we need to watch where we are going. Climbing LOVES It! She has finally given up the fact that she will walk down the stairs like us and is super fast going down the stairs on her belly.
Loves:
-Backyardagins, using the remote, dancing still number one, eating cookies, playing with family, dogs, playing hid and seek, bath time, and babies.
Dislikes:
-Changing her diaper (this is a new one) and hearing NO (pretty much has not like that since day one

No comments: