"But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, August 12, 2011

Aunt JoJo's Wedding- Part B

So now back to the reason for us being at the beach...the wedding. After a meeting with the families we were able to go to sleep and start the wild day over. Olivia Grace got to go the beach for a little while on Friday, which she loved. Then we had rehearsal and then dinner. Olivia Grace did well with the practice but that was mainly because Anne Wright was able to hold her hand during the procession. Dinner was very nice and very good but Olivia Grace had pretty much eaten all her dinner and her snacks before the night's events really got started. I took her home early because she was over it and I knew that when it came time for speeches she would feel like she needed to have her moment and this was not about her. She was asleep in the care before I even got out of the parking lot. The next day was the BIG day and Olivia Grace got to spend some time with JoJo and then off she went to get ready. Luckily she was able to get a nap so she was in a decent mood for the pictures. When we arrived at the house in Sea Side where the bridal party was getting ready Olivia Grace was in awe of all the pretty dress and ladies and thought Aunt JoJo was a princess. She just kept following them around like "hey mom can you leave me I am one of them". She was able to get in some pictures and watch the girls.
Unfortunately when it came time for the wedding to start she had become very clingy to me and would not let me leave the waiting room. I was able to sneak out but when it came down to the moment we had been practicing for she was not ready. So back to how I began the post she was standing back there terrified and tears silently falling down her face (glad it was silent) and I jumped up after Anne Wright made it down to grab her up. So I became part of the wedding (which I was not happy about) and we sat in the back. The ceremony was so beautiful!! We took some pictures and headed to the reception. The reception I would say was the highlight of the weekend for Olivia Grace because she and Ava (her cousin) pretty much thought it was their party. They danced and danced and danced. They got the party started while the adults talked and ate and if her parents would have let her Olivia Grace would have partied until it was over. But we left before it was over and Olivia Grace was out by the time we got her in her car seat. She talked and talked about the party and the beach for weeks. Of course the way she remembered it she actually made it all the way to the front of the chapel when she was the flower girl. :)

No comments: