"But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Half A Year Old

Well it was that time again yet another milestone has been reached. Olivia Grace had her 6 month check up yesterday. Yes she is 6 months, I have to keep saying that over and over because I can hardly believe that she is 6 months old. I mean where has 6 months gone??? Anyway back to the little lady, she weighed 14.14lbs and was 26 1/2 inches long. She was still on her growth pattern apparently. She is still 75% for height, 25% for weight, and 80% for head haha I was wondering why the 6 months stuff fit her body but getting those outfits over head a little harder :). She met all the 6 month requirements and then some. The doctor did tell me to feed her more. She should weigh at least a pound heavier right now so we are working on it. Poor thing last night we doubled the amount of food she normally gets and she ate it all but she could barely move. I think putting that extra poundage on is not going to be that hard if she is going to be like that after every meal. The doctor said her weight was nothing to be concerned about, uhm I was thinking I don't think my doctor has ever in my whole lifetime told me I should put a few pounds on. Olivia Grace did good with the shots this time. She of course cried and got mad but was calm by the time I got to the check out counter. We go back in October to get her Flu shot and then back the end of November for her 9 month check up. Dr. Malone gave us the go ahead with meats and using sippy cup for some juices. Olivia Grace already knows how to use a sippy cup, but there has never been anything in it so we will see how that goes.

Olivia Grace at 6 months:
- She weighs 14.14lbs and is 26 1/2long

-She has been sitting up all on her own but now she is getting very brave with her movements. She will walk her hands out and try to get something or prop herself up on one side.

- Really loves to talk (sounds she makes most often these days ba, ma, and some kind of ew). Truthfully we have an advanced child because she says BABA and that is what we call her bottle and sometimes she says mama. Yes I know she has no idea how to put that together but I am going with she is talking haha.
- Loves to eat baby food now. She seems to take after her mother in the fact that she will eat anything
- loves her jumperoo that the Morans let us borrow (BIG THANKS!)
-Loves playing play peekaboo. She starts the game herself and if someone is around and notices and says "I see you" she will laugh and cover her face again. This REALLY FUN game can go on for a long time! :)
- She loves bath time

-Her hair is getting thicker and longer. She still has lighter brown hair
-No teeth yet but showing signs of teething
-Learned that she has a diaper on and has taken it off once (not good).
-Still thinks she is the center of attention and likes to be involved in everything





No comments: