"But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY!!

Our little blessing is ONE today! I know that I have stated this in several posts that I can not believe how fast time has gone but it really has!! It literally seems like yesterday that I was getting dressed and heading to the hospital to see if I was really in labor haha. Olivia Grace has been the best thing to ever happen to Will and I, besides meeting each other ;-). This post is LONG but it is really more for me haha. One thing before I get sentimental and start going down Mommy Memory Lane, our child is apparently into making a Big day even BIGGER because this morning Will said bye-bye and clear as blue she looked up and said “Bye- Bye” so I am counting that has her first words J. She says Da and Mama all the time but I really think those are more less sounds she can make not true words, even though she uses them right. Shhh don’t tell but she said Bye to the cashier several weeks ago but I thought I was hearing things so maybe I was wrong haha.

Sentimental:
While I love my husband more than anything in the world the love is obviously different than a mother’s love. I suppose you can never explain it and it is truly something that you can only experience to know exactly how it feels to love someone so much at the very first sight of them. She has been such a blessing to our lives and I can hardly remember what life was like before her. This year has been full of so many wonderful and exciting things. To have the ability to see a child’s face light up and smile when you enter the room and know that they trust and love you more than anything in the world is such an amazing feeling that God has allowed Will and I to have. I am trying to enjoy every moment of this because yes I do realize that once the “Friends Are More Important” age appears it will change drastically the way she looks when we enter the room haha. Unfortunately I am seeing how fast those days will be in our lives since it feels like yesterday she was born. Will and I are beyond thankful that God has allowed us to be her parents and we pray that we do the best we can and don’t make that many mistakes.

Our Miracle and a Trip Down Mommy Memory Lane:
I thought I would take a moment to thank God for Olivia Grace and show his how is glorious gift to us all took place. I went into the doctor to see if I was really pregnant because well I had a hard time determining the perggers test; yes I know they are not hard to read. However in saying that the double lines did not show up until 13 days after it should have appeared, so I went in to see if it was true. A day that should have been so exciting quickly turned into probably one of the scariest days of my life. I was told that I was pregnant but only short few minutes later I realized that something was not right. The tech was performing my ultra sound which should have only taken at the most 5 mins went into 15 mins and her face went from smiling to concern. What felt like a million questions were being asked and then she left the room. I did not know very much about pregnancy, and still don’t, so I was not sure what was wrong. She came back into the room and told me to get dressed that the doctor would talk to me and that she could not tell me anything for sure, but that there was not a sack in my uterus. So I got dressed shaking and went to the restroom, cried, pulled it together, and went into the doctors office. There he told me that I probably had an Ectopic Pregnancy and that in three days I would have to come back and get tested and I would have to most likely have surgery that Monday to remove the pregnancy. Ectopic pregnancy means the egg implanted itself in my tubes or somewhere else besides my uterus and if not removed it can cause major problems for me or worse. Obviously I knew nothing about this so I left crying, called Will crying and tried to explain what this meant. Lots of other things happened that day but the next 3 days I was well let’s face it depressed and scared. I prayed a lot ( I am a BIG prayer) and I tried to pray for Gods will but most of the time I was selfish and I kept saying Lord I want this baby. When Friday finally rolled around I was prepared to hear the worst but when we went in for the ultra sound there she was!! And the blood work came back normal and the rest is well… you can go back and read to check up. I fully believe that she is our miracle!!

It is hard to believe that at this exact hour one year ago we were packing the car to leave to go to the doctor’s office. I was to be there around 11am to get checked out and the contractions were about 7-8 mins apart.

To our Family and Friends:
Thank you for your prayers, love, and support over this past year! We defiantly could not have done this whole parenting thing with out you! Olivia Grace is the luckiest girl I the world to have so many people care and love her. Thank you for reading and keeping up with us over the past year! I know that this year will be full of many more exciting times and funny stories. With this child you never know what she might be doing in a year!!

PS... the last picture is when we had to take the cake away from her. Yes she ate almost half of the top layer of cake and yet she was still furious with us for taking it away from her! She is without a doubt my child!




4 comments:

Malone Family said...

Happy Birthday Olivia Grace!!! Hope you have a great one!

Cindy said...

Sara Katherine we are blessed that you and Will are her parents!! This post is so very moving and told from your heart-I have just boo-hooed-and laughed at the same time=kinda of like Steele Magnolias-One day this little girl is going to read all these posts over and over because they are just about her! You should have been an author! Well Happy Birthday Olivia Grace and Mom's right you are loved greatly by LOTS of people!!! Love Grammy

The Harper Family said...

Happy Birthday,Olivia Grace! We are so glad you are here!

The Howards said...

Hope Olivia Grace had a great birthday. Love the birthday pictures!